1) RELIEVE CHRONIC PAIN: Tendopathies, as well as other chronic degenerative connective tissues, respond very well to the treatment with the WBC application; after a series of 10 – 15 sessions significant pain relief can be achieved.
2) REDUCE JOINT PAIN: Extremely low-temperature influences perfusion around the joint and improves nutrient and oxygen supply to the cartilage cells. Studies and clinical experience have shown that a good therapeutic outcome can be achieved after being exposed to at least 10 sessions in the Cryo chamber. However, starting with 20 sessions and repetition of therapy after 6 months appeared to be the most effective recommendation in treating joint pain.
3) RELIEF OF ACUTE PAIN: Freezing temperatures send the body into a “survival mode,” which causes the blood supply to flow to the most vital organs to relay more oxygen and nutrients. Once you leave the cold environment, the enriched and less-toxic blood is flushed back into the rest of the body.
The whole idea of hot and cold is removing the toxins and allowing blood that doesn’t have those toxins or those inflammatory components into that area.
4) SPEED RECOVERY FROM EXERCISE: Exercise-related stress and injuries are often related to environmental conditions where a special role is reserved for proper function of the thermoregulation mechanism of the human body. Disruption of the proper function of the muscles is due to fatigue syndrome that creates pain, disruption of central activity level, sleep disorders and orthostatic regulatory disruption.
Intensive physical exercise is characterized by an increased oxygen consumption that leads to augmented free radical production. Mechanism of oxygenated free radical production is crucial in muscle recovery after exercise because oxidation can lead to cellular dysfunction and inflammatory disorders. Application of the WBC is a new way to prepare athletes for competition and improve their body’s recovery capacity.
5) IMPROVE SLEEP: Sleep is essential to have adequate recovery between training and competition events. Exposure to extremely low temperatures has been shown to improve sleep patterns, optimize the parasympathetic nervous system and improve muscle recovery after strenuous exercise.
6) SPEED POST SURGICAL HEALING: Cryotherapy has been shown to reduce inflammation, increase circulation and an extremely interesting finding during research from Zimmer and Fricke was the influence of low-temperature exposure to the neuromuscular performance. They observed that peak torque of the knee extensor and flexor muscles increased after a single session of the WBC in healthy subjects. These results prove that the WBC can play an integral role in the health and healing of the musculoskeletal system.
7) LOSE WEIGHT: The reason CRYO can assist with your weight loss program is that it rapidly increases your metabolic rate which, combined with regular exercise and healthy eating is the best way to lose fat faster than you normally would. After your CRYO treatment, your brain signals to the rest of your body to pump blood to your core to increase your body heat and therefore your metabolic rate. Also, your body uses a considerable amount of energy to heat back up again.
8) INCREASE SPORTS PERFORMANCE: In numerous studies, authors managed to show significant increases in total plasma antioxidant capacity after the application of the WBC. Other benefits of the physiological reaction muscle stimulation by the low-temperature exposure are analgesic, anti-swelling, and antalgic as well as improving circulation in muscle bellies leading to better recovery from muscle trauma or fatigue syndrome.
9) REDUCE STRESS: Whole Body Cryotherapy might temporarily boost your mood and energy levels.
The treatment releases endorphins and your natural adrenaline, and it gets your blood flowing throughout your body, which is something that can be helpful for people who are experiencing anxiety and depression.
10) GENERAL WELLNESS: Whole body cryotherapy can increase circulation, decrease inflammation, improve your sleep, decrease aches and pains. These things together can improve your general health and wellness.